Top Five Reasons To Upgrade Your Hard Drive To A
1. Speed – Upgrading to solid-state drive (SSD) will dramatically increase the speed of your computer by leaps and bounds. You will be astounded how much faster it will boot up, launch programs and just feel snappier over all.
2. Reliability – A solid-state hard drive is much more reliable than a traditional hard disk drive (HDD). It has no moving parts, which gives it a much greater life expectancy, (this also helps with it’s robust performance as well!)
3. Price – Just a short time ago solid-state drives weren’t necessarily cost effective. Today’s drives have dropped dramatically in price and you can get a great drive with plenty of space at a very affordable price. If you have a lot of movies/music/picture and don’t feel that a SSD offers you enough space, the truly ideal configuration is to keep all of your media on a secondary drive and allow your primary to focus on only handling programs and the OS. This setup has many benefits!
4. Power Consumption – If you have a laptop, you will notice that your sleek new SSD does use as much power and you will therefore enjoy a longer battery life!
5. Durability – This relates back to number 2, but to be more specific the reliability of SSD should ideally last much, much longer than a HDD if both were in ideal scenarios. But with durability, the SSD also surpasses the HDD is harsh conditions. An SSD can survive a major drop, extreme temperatures, moisture issues and many more unfavorable situations.
You may be an ideal candidate for a solid-state hard drive upgrade if:
-Your current hard drive is getting a little old and you don’t want to risk an imminent hard drive crash
-You would like to drastically improve your current computer’s performance without having to purchase a new one
-Your laptop have been bumped, beaten and battered and you fear the impending hard drive doom is near
-You are interested having an optimized primary & secondary drive setup
I think it is by far the best and smartest upgrade you can give your computer, however, it may not be ideal for everyone/every situation. Please call me if you would like any more information or a free consultation.